The Macy Project is Symbol’s first producing mine and is a very high-grade lead and zinc JORC compliant resource of 132,700t @ 18.3% Zn and 2.1% Pb. Zinc grade from the Macy Project is world class and exceptionally high-grade.
The Macy Project is a high-margin operation due to world class grades, low capital expenditure, and simple production process. Free cash flow from the Macy Project will fund exploration activities across Symbol’s landholdings and drive further success.
The simple production process enables costs to remain low:
- DSO from shallow open pit
- Crushing, screening, washing & sorting
- Three product lines being zinc product (50%Zn), lead product (60%Pb) and mixed product (30%Zn/4%Pb).
- Containers at site, trucked to Lagos
- Containers loaded onto bi-monthly shipping service
- Smelters confirmed in China & Europe
Macy Project Snapshot
- High-grade lead and zinc JORC compliant resource
- First shipment of DSO, Q4 2018
- Off take and marketing agreement executed
- Simple production process
- LOM12 months
- Positive free cash flow to fund exploration projects
- Regional exploration of tenements to identify additional deposits of mineralisation