Symbol Mining Limited (“Symbol”) is an Australian ASX listed (ASX:SL1) mineral exploration company focused on the development and commercialisation of high margin, high grade base metal projects located in the highly prospective and underexplored region of Nigeria. Symbol’s aim to undertake the successful identification, exploration, development and commercialisaton of high margin zinc (Zn), lead (Pb) and silver (Ag) projects in Nigeria.
Symbol has been undertaking activities in Nigeria since 2012 and has obtained tenements spanning over 500km2 of vast highly prospective land containing world-class mineralisation grades of Zinc (Zn) and Lead (Pb), categorised as two major project locations – Imperial and Tawny.
- Focus on Imperial Project which contains the Macy deposit.
- Macy deposit has a Indicated and Inferred JORC Resource – 132,700t at 18.3% Zn and 2.1% Pb
- Subject to the completion of feasibility studies, production from Macy anticipated in Q2 2018
- Second high grade zinv- lead deposit identified at Imperial – Aisha Project
- Global markets for zinc and lead concentrates remain extremely robust
- High grade nature of deposits indicates low start up capex, rapid ROI
- Nigeria is fast evolving as an important mining destination, with Government commitment to developing the mining industry through tax concessions, mining incentives and secure title