Symbol Mining Ltd (ASX: SL1) is an Australian listed, high-grade, high-margin lead and zinc explorer, developer and producer in the highly prospective and under-explored Benue Trough region of Nigeria.
Symbol has over 500km2 of tenements containing world-class mineralisation grades of Zinc (Zn) and Lead (Pb). The Company has two major joint venture projects – Imperial and Tawny. The Company has built, and continues to develop, strong relationships with Government and communities since 2012.
Symbol's strategy is to self-fund exploration across its extensive landholdings in Nigeria using cash flow from its operating Macy Project, and diversify through the acquisition of other base metal projects.
Symbol’s Board and management teams have expertise in exploration, development and production and importantly have specific experience in Nigeria.
- First industrial scale high-grade zinc & lead producer in Nigeria
- Imperial Joint Venture contains the Macy Project which has a JORC Resource of 132,000t @ 18.3%Zn and 2.1%Pb
- Mining commenced at the Macy Project in July 2018
- Aisha Project is the second high-grade zinc/lead deposit identified within the Imperial JV
- Largest landholding of any ASX listed company in Nigeria
- World class high-grade projects
- Global markets for zinc & lead concentrates remain robust
- Supportive Nigerian government, committed to developing mining industry
- Producing and exploring in Africa’s most populous and fastest growing economy
- Early mover advantage in under-explored and emerging mining province
- Experienced board & management team